Tangerines may not be the first fruit to come to mind when baking, but just like their fellow citrus fruits (think lemons, limes, and oranges, any of which could be substituted here), they make tart additions to a variety of sweets, including these…
muffins. The zest and juice are mixed into the otherwise basic batter that's given depth from brown sugar (rather than white sugar) and couldn't be easier to pull off.
- 200 grams butter
- 130 grams brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams all purpose flour
- 1 tangerine (juice and zest)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk butter with sugar until it's creamy, then add the eggs 1 by 1, whisking between each addition.
- Add tangerine juice and zest, and mix well.
- Add the flour, mix well to combine.
- Pour the batter in greased muffin pans and bake for 30 minutes.