Tangerine CupcakesChloé Delice
If you need to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings, but you are looking for something that isn’t rich and heavy. This recipe combines tangy tangerines with lemon and buttery cake mix for a sweet and light treat. These hand-held confections are topped with a decadent Nutella frosting and tangerine slices for a cool and creamy snack that is perfect for any holiday, celebration or special occasion. We hope you love this recipe as much as we do. Happy baking!
- 120 grams softened butter
- 140 grams flour
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 tangerine
- 1/2 lemon
- orange food coloring (powder)
- 3 tangerine
- granulated sugar
- sugar (Confectioner´s)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350F
- 2In a medium bowl, mix the softened butter and sugar until pale.
- 3Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 4Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, then mix.
- 5Grate 5 tangerines to get the zest, add it to the mixture and mix well.
- 6Stir in the juice of 1/2 lemon, the juice of 5 tangerines and the orange food coloring powder.
- 7Fill in the cupcake tins with the batter.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes.
- 9Let cool completely before frosting.
- 10Slice the remaining tangerines.
- 11On a silicone sheet, arrange the slices and sprinkle with sugar.
- 12Bake in the oven until they turn to brown.
- 13Using a butter knife or a spatula, frost cupcakes with Nutella ®.
- 14Garnish each cupcake with cooled tangerine slices .
- 15Sprinkle with confectioner´s sugar.
- 16Let cupcakes cool in the refrigerator so that the Nutella ® sets and remove 10 minutes before serving.