If you want the flavors and look of a fine dinning restaurant, but can’t afford the tab, then try this Tahitian Vanilla Ice Cream with Pistachio Shards. This rich, hearty, healthy, and savory dish is perfect for a summer day. These fresh ingredients blend well to create a creamy and flavorful dish that everyone will love. Be sure to pick up the ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can enjoy this blissful dish this weekend.
- 10 1/4 fluidounces milk
- 6 3/4 fluidounces heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 120 grams mascarpone
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 vanilla pods
- 50 grams pistachios
- Split the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Pound the pistachios to make chips; this will give crunch to the ice cream.
- Cut the vanilla pod in half and scrap out the seeds.
- Put the vanilla pod, seeds, milk and cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Leave to cool and infuse for 15 minutes.
- In the bowl, add the sugar and the egg yolks. Beat them with a whisk ball at speed 4 until the mixture turns pale.
- Reheat the mixture (cream, milk and vanilla).
- Remove the vanilla bean.
- Install the flexible whisk, set the temperature to 85 ° and to mixing position 1
- Slowly pour the hot milk mixture over the sugar and the egg yolks.
- When the temperature is reached, set 7 minutes at 85 °.
- Return the temperature to 0 and switch to the the whip attachment.
- Add the mascarpone and mix for 2 minutes at speed 4.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 2 hours and then pour it into an ice cream maker (which had been previously placed in the freezer for at least 18 hours).
- Set the speed to minimum and mix for at least 30 minutes.
- A few minutes before the end, add the crushed pistachios.
- Put the ice cream in a container in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
PER SERVING *
|Calories590Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.