When you have canned tuna in the pantry, all manner of quick and easy dinners are mere minutes away, a boon to the home cook on busy weeknights. In this recipe, flaked canned tuna is sauteed briefly with bacon and mushrooms to create a savory sauce for pasta, and the sauce can be ready at about the same time the pasta is finished cooking. That's the best kind of convenience.
- 300 grams tagliatelle pasta
- olive oil
- 1 piece bacon (cubed)
- 3 cans tuna
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- In a pan of boiling water, add the pasta and cook to al dente.
- In a frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil, and saute the bacon.
- When the bacon becomes a golden color, add the mushrooms and them fry for a few minutes.
- Add the drained tuna, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, and mix in the frying pan. Serve hot.