Tagliatelle With Mini MeatballsO Meu Tempero
Tagliatelle, with its thick, flat strands, is a perfect partner for the scaled down in size meatballs in this recipe, which are made with ground beef and pork (or your own preferred combination, which might incorporate veal or lamb in the mix) and seasoned with cilantro and bound with breadcrumbs. To make the sauce, onion, garlic, and canned peeled whole tomatoes are pureed in a food processer until the desired consistency.
- 500 grams minced meat (beef and pork)
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander (fresh, + to decorate)
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper jam
- 5 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can peeled tomatoes (410g)
- 2 bay leaves
- 350 grams tagliatelle pasta (pasta)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1Place the meat in a bowl.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Add the coriander, chili jam, bread crumbs and mix well with your hands.
- 4Make small balls and set aside.
- 5Place in food processor the onion, garlic, peeled tomatoes and grind well.
- 6In a large pan with a little bit of olive oil and bay leaves, sauté the previous prepared.
- 7Start to boil add the mini meatballs.
- 8Leave it to cook with the lid.
- 9Check the seasoning and if necessary add a little water.
- 10Bake the pasta into boiling water seasoned with salt.
- 11Drain and sprinkle with a little olive oil.
- 12Plate the pasta, meatballs, sauce and sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander.