Tagliatelle, with its thick, flat strands, is a perfect partner for the scaled down in size meatballs in this recipe, which are made with ground beef and pork (or your own preferred combination, which might incorporate veal or lamb in the mix) and seasoned with cilantro and bound with breadcrumbs. To make the sauce, onion, garlic, and canned peeled whole tomatoes are pureed in a food processer until the desired consistency.
- 500 grams minced meat (beef and pork)
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander (fresh, + to decorate)
- 1 teaspoon chilli jam
- 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can peeled tomatoes (410g)
- 2 bay leaves
- 350 grams tagliatelle (pasta)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- Place the meat in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the coriander, chili jam, bread crumbs and mix well with your hands.
- Make small balls and set aside.
- Place in food processor the onion, garlic, peeled tomatoes and grind well.
- In a large pan with a little bit of olive oil and bay leaves, sauté the previous prepared.
- Start to boil add the mini meatballs.
- Leave it to cook with the lid.
- Check the seasoning and if necessary add a little water.
- Bake the pasta into boiling water seasoned with salt.
- Drain and sprinkle with a little olive oil.
- Plate the pasta, meatballs, sauce and sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander.