TafelspitzOn dine chez Nanou
Tafelspitz, which means tip for the table (as in tip of beef), is a traditional Austrian dish of boiled beef and vegetables, usually with roasted potatoes and an apple-horseradish sauce alongside. Here, the potatoes are grated and browned in a skillet, and fresh horseradish is grated over prepared applesauce (store-bought or your own recipe). Marrow bones are also cooked along with the beef and vegetables, and toasted bread points are served and used for scooping out the delectable insides.
- 600 grams cod
- 30 grams potato starch
- milk (25 cl.)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fish stock (powder)
- 2 eggs
- 1 can peeled shrimp
- 1In a sauteing pan,brown the onion cut in two halves until almost brown.
- 2Rince the meat under hot water.
- 3In a large pot, boil water, add the meat and cook.
- 4Remove the foam on the surface, then add the onion, peppercorns, bay leaves, and salt.
- 5Cover and simmer over medium heat for at least 3 hours.
- 6Add the vegetables and the bones with marrow and cook for at least another 30 minutes.
- 7Thaw spinach in the microwave.
- 8In a sauteing pan, heat the butter, add the shallot and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 9Add the spinach, creme fraiche, and salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes, then mix to obtain a creamy mixture.
- 10In a bowl, mix heavy cream with chives and salt.
- 11Grate some horseradish over the applesauce and mix.
- 12Peel potatoes and grate them coarsely.
- 13Heat butter in a frying pan and saute the potatoes stirring frequently.
- 14Serve with slices of toast to eat the bone marrow.
PER SERVING *
|Calories140Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.