Set up the table for everyone to be able to assemble their own tacos. Remember to have salsa, sour cream and other taco favorites for condiments. Fruit Kabobs and Spanish rice complete this meal.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 14 1/2 ounces tomatoes (diced, fire-roasted)
- 1/4 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 8 taco shells
- 2 tomatoes (cut in wedges)
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- In heavy skillet, brown ground pork; stir in undrained canned tomatoes, onion, chili powder and garlic powder. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until most liquid evaporates, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat taco shells and portion filling into shells; top with tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce.