Taco Tuesday is coming up and you promised to create some tantalizing tacos. This recipe for Tacos Dorados Ahogados or Toasted Tacos with Salsa is just what you want to wow them with your cooking skills. They only take 30 minutes to prepare and have 250 calories per serving. This tasty taco recipe combines your favorite meat with decadent vegetables and the perfect amount of spice. We hope you love it as much as we do.
- ground black pepper
- 300 grams beef (cooked and shredded, may substitute chicken or mashed potatoes for a lighter dish)
- vegetable oil
- 1 onion (divided into fourths)
- 4 tomatoes (cut in half)
- 3 guajillo chiles (with stem and seeds removed, may substitute ancho chiles)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon bouillon
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper and place a portion into each tortilla, tightly rolling up each one and securing with toothpicks.
- Fry each rolled tortilla in oil in a hot pan until golden on all sides, approximately 5 minutes.
- Cook the tomatoes, onion, chiles, and garlic in a hot skillet with a small amount of oil for 5 minutes until browned.
- Place half a cup of water, bouillon, parsley, cilantro and the toasted vegetables into the blender and blend for 2 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil on high heat in a pan, pour in the blended liquid, put the heat on low, and let cook for 10 minutes, covered. Add more water, if needed, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the tacos on a dish with sides, spoon the salsa generously over each one. Serve with sour cream, cheese, lettuce, and salsa verde.
PER SERVING *
|Calories250Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.