- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound sausage casings (chorizo, removed)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 1/4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies (petite)
- 10 3/4 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1/4 ounces ripe olives (sliced, drained)
- 12 ounces corn tortillas
- 10 ounces tortilla chips (crumbled)
- 4 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 16 ounces salsa (or pico de gallo)
- sour cream
- green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the ground beef, chorizo and chopped onion.
- Drain any fat and add the taco seasoning, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir well to combine.
- Add the refried beans, tomatoes, soup and olives; mix well and heat thoroughly.
- Spray a 9 x 13” dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Reserve 2 cups of the meat mixture for the top of the casserole. Set aside.
- Layer half the corn tortillas on the bottom. Then make a layer with half of the remaining meat mixture. Sprinkle one cup of the cheese on top and half of the crumbled tortilla chips. Repeat another layer of tortillas, meat, cheese and chips. Finish with the 2 cups of reserved meat mixture and the remaining 2 cups of cheese on top. Pour the salsa over the top and bake for 30 minutes. Garnish with sour cream and chopped green onions, if desired.
PER SERVING *
|Calories770Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.