- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package McCormick Taco Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 boxes corn muffin mix (8.5 ounces each)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Stir in Seasoning Mix and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare corn muffin mix as directed on package. Spoon scant 2 tablespoons batter into each muffin cup. Place heaping 1 tablespoon taco meat, 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon cheese in center of each cupcake. Top each cupcake evenly with remaining batter.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean and cupcakes are golden brown. Cool cupcakes slightly. Frost tops with sour cream. Sprinkle with cilantro.