- 4 ribeye (rib) pork chops (1 1/2-inches thick)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup bulghur
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup parsley (snipped)
- 2 tablespoons green onions (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 dashes black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- With a sharp knife cut opening in the rib side of each chop. Insert knife in each opening and cut a pocket without cutting through to other side of chop.
- In a small saucepan combine water and the 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to boiling. Reduce heat, stir in bulghur; cover tightly and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Add carrots, and continue cooking, covered, for 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in parsley, green onion, mint, butter, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, allspice and pepper. Spoon about 1/2 cup stuffing mixture into each chop. In a large skillet, brown chops on each side in hot oil. Place chops in a large baking dish. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F. oven for 45 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 degrees F.