TabboulehHoje para Jantar
Tabbouleh is the perfect dish to make after a successful trip to the farmer's market. Fresh peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, and herbs are a flavorful and vibrant combination. Bulgur wheat adds a filling and earthy element. This dish is great as a side to just about any meat, or you can add a spoonful to the top of a salad for an extra bit of flavor or some complex carbs.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat (cooked)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper (or green, diced)
- 3 tomatoes (beef heart, diced)
- 6 cherry tomatoes (in quarters)
- 6 physalis (cut into quarters)
- 1 cucumber (cut into cubes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon coriander (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon basil (chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons mint (chopped)
- 1Prepare the bulgur wheat according to the instructions.
- 2Pour the cooled and drained bulgur wheat in a serving dish.
- 3Mix the olive oil and lemon juice in a jug, and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Drizzle this sauce over the bulgur, cover, and marinate for about 1 hour.
- 5Mix the red onion, pepper, tomatoes, phsyalis, cucumber, parsley, coriander, and basil. Season with a pinch of salt, and let stand for 1 hour.
- 6When cutting the tomatoes into cubes, take the juice and mix it in with the remaining vegetables.
- 7Add the vegetables mixture to the bulgur wheat, stir in the cumin, and mix well.
- 8To serve, garnish with a few mint leaves.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.