Serve along side of Chinese noodles and fresh fruit salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin (cut in thin strips)
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce (divided)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (divided)
- 1 tablespoon oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger root (minced)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 red bell pepper (cut in 1 1/2-inch strips)
- 1/2 pound pea pods
- 2 tablespoons water
- Marinate pork strips in combined 3 tablespoons soy sauce and 1 tablespoon cornstarch for 30 minutes. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in wok. Stir-fry peanuts and crushed red pepper over medium-high heat for 2 minutes; remove. In remaining oil, stir-fry pork and ginger until lightly browned. Add broth, vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, wine and sugar. Cover; simmer 3 minutes. Add red pepper and pea pods; cook 2 minutes. Add combined 1 tablespoon cornstarch and water. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in peanut mixture. Serve immediately.