The ingredient list for this Swiss-style chicken may make it seem like a daunting or labor-intensive recipe but it comes together in about 30 minutes for a simple and delicious meal. The chicken is mixed with onions, ketchup, spices, and soy sauce for a flavorful sauce that perfectly coats the al dente pasta/ A sprinkle of chopped parsley adds a bit of freshness to the dish and accents the flavors of the sauce.
- cooking spray
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast (medium, cut into strips)
- 1/2 onion (finely diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 5 sprigs rosemary (minced)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 drops lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf (small)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup cream
- 250 grams pasta (cooked al dente)
- parsley (minced)
- Spritz a skillet with cooking spray and saute the onion and garlic over medium heat. When the onion is transparent, add the paprika, rosemary, ketchup, soy sauce, broth, lemon, and bay leaf. Cover and cook 4 minutes. Taste for seasoning and adjust.
- Spritz another skillet with cooking spray and cook the chicken until golden brown on all sides. Sprinkle with the flour and stir one minute to cook the flour.
- Add the chicken to the sauce, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add the cream, stir to incorporate, and remove from heat.
- Serve the chicken over the pasta. Sprinkle with parsley.
|Calories740Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.