Swiss Nut CakeLa Cocina de Babel
Made with ground walnuts or hazelnuts, this Swiss Nut Cake is a great dessert option for those with gluten or wheat intolerances. Lightly flavored with lemon and vanilla extract, whipped egg whites are incorporated into the batter for a light and fluffy texture. Pour the batter into a bundt pan and cook for 30 to 40 minutes. Heat your favorite jam and drizzle over the finished cake and then serve.
- 140 grams butter (room temperature)
- 6 eggs (separated)
- 6 tablespoons fructose (or 300 gr. sugar)
- 400 grams walnuts (or hazelnuts, finely ground)
- 8 grams granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla extract (splash)
- 1 lemon
- 1 bottle raspberry jam
- 1Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- 2Grease a bundt pan.
- 3In a large bowl, start beating the butter and slowly add the egg yolks one by one, beating continuously.
- 4Add 4 tablespoons of fructose (or 200 grams of sugar) and continue beating until the mixture lightens in color.
- 5Add the nuts, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon zest and mix until combined.
- 6Separately, whisk the egg whites together with the remaining 2 tablespoons of fructose (or remaining 100 grams of sugar) until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold this into the first mixture.
- 7Fill the bundt pan making sure it is no more than 3/4 of the way full. Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
- 8Let cool a few minutes and then remove from bundt pan. Heat the raspberry jam slightly and drizzle this over the nut cake.