- 450 grams eggs (divided)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup swiss cheese (grated, divided)
- 8 ounces ham (Thinly shaved)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Beat one egg in small bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Stir in milk, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a slow boil. Stir in flour all at once and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour mixture into Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Mini Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Flat Beaterto mixer. Turn to Speed 4 and add ½ cup cheese. Beat until cheese is melted. Continuing on Speed 4, add remaining two eggs, one at a time.Beat 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth and well blended. The mixture will be soft and a bit sticky. Transfer batter to piping bag fitted with a large plain tip.
- Pipe batter in 1-inch mounds about 1 inch apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly with a wet fingertip. Brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake in top third of oven 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix ham and remaining cheese in bowl.Slice tops off each gougere and fill with 1-2 teaspoons of ham mixture. Return to baking sheet. Bake 3-5 minutes or just until cheese is melted.