The filling for these flaky puffs is made by cooking cpples with brown sugar, ground cinnamon, beirao, liqueur (or your own preference), and almonds until the apples are tender. It needs to cool before being divided between the dough squares, which are then folded up to enclose it to create a pillow shape. Brushing them with beaten egg helps promote browning and also provides the "glue" for the almonds that are sprinkled on top.
- puff pastry (from Continente)
- 2 apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Beirão liqueur (licor beirão or other beverage of your choice)
- 1 eggs
- 1Divide the pastry into 2 squares
- 2Placed in a tray with aluminum paper and flour it to grab.
- 3In a pan put up the apples, sugar, liqueur, cinnamon and little pieces of almond to keep it moving.
- 4If you feel that you are holding the bottom put a little bit of water.
- 5Once the apples have cooked, let them cool and put the stuffing inside the 2 squares of puff pastry and close it in the shape of a small pillow.
- 6Finally, grease the little pillows with an egg, place the almonds on top and put them in the oven. Approx. 20 minutes.