Sweet, Spicy, and Smoky SpareribsPork
- 5 pounds pork spareribs (cut into 4-rib slabs)
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika (smoked)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin (ground)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile (ground, OR chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup honey (heated until liquid)
- 1Mix paprika, salt, oregano, cumin, chipotle OR chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder together in small bowl. Sprinkle generously over both sides of ribs. Let stand at room temperature while preparing grill.
- 2Prepare outdoor grill for indirect medium-hot grilling. For a gas grill, remove cooking grates. Preheat grill on High. Turn 1 burner off. Place disposable aluminum foil pan over off burner and add 2 cups water to pan. Replace grates. Adjust heat to 350°F. For a charcoal grill, place disposable aluminum foil pan on 1 side of charcoal grate. Build fire on opposite side, and let burn until coals are coated with white ash. Spread coals in grill opposite pan and let burn 15-20 minutes. Add 2 cups water to pan. Position cooking grate in grill.
- 3Lightly oil cooking grate. Place ribs over foil pan and cover grill. Cook, adding water to pan as needed, until ribs are browned, fork-tender, and meat pulls away from end of bone, about 2 hours. (For charcoal grill, add 10 briquettes to fire every 45 minutes to maintain heat.) During last 20 minutes, occasionally brush both sides of ribs with warm honey. Let stand 5 minutes, cut into ribs, and serve hot.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1140Calories from Fat780|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat780|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.