- 2 cups sweet potatoes or yams (mashed cooked or canned, about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup i can't believe it's not butter! spread
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- refrigerated pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine all ingredients except pie shell in large bowl with wire whisk. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375° and continue baking 45 minutes or until knife inserted 1-inch from edge comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Garnish, if desired, with whipped cream.
|Calories160Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ruth N. 3 days ago
it came out good and delicious! the recipe is amazing!
Bailey-Nedd 2 Dec 2018
It was quick and easy. Will add just a little more sugar.
Jonell L. 4 Nov 2018
it was great!! even though i didn't have any nutmeg... gonna freeze leftover filling and use for thanksgiving
Logan 19 Jun 2018
Easy and super delicious!
Sharon 24 Nov 2017
I made this pie last evening for our Thanksgiving dinner. I baked 4 medium size sweet potatoes and my own pie crust. It was perfect.
Irene D. 25 Dec 2016
This my third time making this pie since Thanksgiving. Its not overly sweet, but is out of this world when served with maple pecan ice cream. I used a frozen spelt crust, which doesnt burn, and put pecans on top of the pie. I steamed the sweet potatoes with the skins on and mashed them into the mix. It doesnt sound good, but it tasted like raisens were in it! Also, I substituted the milk for almond milk ad used all organic ingredients.