- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger (chopped)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup low fat 1% milk
- 1/2 cup panko Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey (Shady Brook Farms® 93/7)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chili sauce (Thai, divided)
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- nonstick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and ginger; cook about 5 minutes or until onions start to soften.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and panko. Add turkey, onion mixture, ketchup, 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce and the soy sauce; mix gently but thoroughly (mixture will be very wet).
- Lightly coat an 8-1/2 x 4 x 3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Transfer mixture to loaf pan, mounding it in the middle. Brush with remaining Thai chili sauce.
- Bake in middle of oven about 1 hour or until thermometer inserted into meatloaf reads 170°F.
- Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving; meatloaf may be served hot, room temperature or cold.