Satisfy your seafood cravings with this recipe for Sweet and Sour Squid. Marinated in a lemon, garlic, and ginger marinade for an hour, this squid is tender and flavorful. Cooked until golden in a pan, this squid is then topped with a warm honey ginger sauce for the signature sweet and sour flavor. The key to this dish is allowing time for the flavors to release while cooking. Serve with a salad and fries or other sides of your choice.
- 400 grams squid (frozen clean)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and sliced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (coarsely grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 tablespoon pepper (small)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (freshly)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Defrost and wash squid, and make small cuts in them, set aside.
- Mince garlic, ginger, and salt in a mortar to form a thick paste.
- Rub and season the squid with this mixture,
- Add lemon juice and olive oil, stir well. Refrigerate with this marinade for 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl, chop and prepare all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Set aside.
- Remove squid from refrigerate, drain marinade.
- Heat a frying pan or wok on medium heat.
- Add a tablespoon or two of sesame or olive oil, enough to coat the bottom.
- Add the drained squid.
- Squeeze half a lemon on squid, cook for a few minutes until slightly golden.
- Place on serving plate, and immediately, pour sauce ingredients in the same frying pan.
- Stir and mix well for 2 or 3 minutes until the flavors are released.
- Add the squid, accompany with salad, and round fries (optional).
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.