This delicious recipe for Sweet and Sour Rice Salad is not only a great way to pack extra vegetables into your day, but it also is a delicious snack, appetizer or side to a perfect meal. This meal is easy to make and decadent to eat. The next time you are asked to bring an appetizer or snack for a special occasion or celebration, then be sure to make these treats and surprise your friends and family with your create cullinary skills.
- 200 grams Camargue rice
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 6 grapes
- 100 grams smoked duck bacon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic vinegar (or available vinegar)
- Himalayan salt (pink)
- sichuan pepper
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water according to package instructions. Drain and let cool. To cool faster, add cold water to the cooked rice and drain.
- Wash and cut the red pepper, green pepper, and yellow pepper into thin slices. Grill them lightly. Let cool.
- Peel the cucumber, cut in four lengthwise, and remove the seeds. Chop finely.
- Wash the grapes, cut them in two and remove the seeds.
- Fry the bacon until crispy.
- Prepare the vinaigrette in a bowl with honey, olive oil, garlic vinegar, pink Himalayan salt, and Sichuan pepper.
- Mix everything together.
- In a bowl, place the rice, vegetables, and fruit.
- Sprinke with the crumbled bacon.
- Sprinkle with the vinaigrette.
- Mix well. Refrigerate.