You commonly hear about Sweet and Sour Pork at a Chinese Restaurant but this isn't the only culture that cooks Sweet and Sour Pork. This particular Sweet and Sour Pork recipe dips into multiple cultural norms creating a mixture of flavors and styles. Let us know your thoughts on this Sweet and Sour Pork in the comments below. You can also give this Sweet and Sour Pork recipe a star rating.
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 0.5 kilograms pork leg (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 carrot (large, peeled and chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 4 green onions (minced)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, flour, and corn flour. Add the pork and stir to cover. Marinate overnight.
- The following day, remove the pork from the marinade and shake the excess off.
- In a plate, add a small amount of flour, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Mix and use it to cover the pork.
- Heat the a tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan and fry the pork until golden brown. Take out the pieces and remove the excess fat with paper towels.
- Separately, mix the ketchup, red wine vinegar, and honey.
- In another large saucepan, add 1 tablespoon oil in which the pork was cooked, and saute the carrot, bell pepper, green onion, and celery on medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the pork and the ketchup sauce. Cover and continue to cook on medium low heat until it boils. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
PER SERVING *
|Calories240Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|