Grilling and pork were made for each other. And this lively marinade shows grilled pork at its best. Serve with hot cornbread and a bean salad.
- 3 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Stir together all ingredients except pork; reserve 1 cup for basting roast and refrigerate. Refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight, turning occasionally. Prepare a medium-hot banked fire in covered grill. Remove roast from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill roast over indirect heat for 45-60 minutes, (20-22 minutes per pound) until internal temperature reads 145 degrees F. Brush frequently with reserved marinade during the last 15-20 minutes of grilling. Let roast rest 10 minutes before slicing to serve.