- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 large eggs
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bell pepper (any color; cut into 1 1/2 inch dice)
- 1 onions (medium, 1 1/2-inch dice)
- 10 ounces sweet and sour sauce
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks (drained with 1/3 cup of juice reserved)
- In a large bowl add ground pork, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix evenly.
- Use a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop to scoop pork mixture, then roll into balls and place on a plate. Repeat with remaining pork. You should get 24-26 meatballs.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Nestle meatballs into skillet and cook until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Gently turn each meatball over and cook until golden, about another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from pan and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of pan grease.
- Add diced bell pepper and onion. Cook on medium-high until the edges start to brown, but the veggies are still crisp, about 3 minutes. To the pan add sweet & sour sauce and reserved pineapple juice; stir until combined. Add pineapple chunks and meatball. Gently toss to cover in sauce. Bring mixture to a bubble, then reduce heat to simmer and cook 15-20 minutes. Serve!