Sweet and Sour Chicken with Orange, Prunes and PinenutsOn dine chez Nanou
Chicken doesn’t have to be a boring healthy dinner option. This recipe for Sweet and Sour Chicken with Orange, Prunes and Pine Nuts is hearty and packed with robust flavor. It takes 85 minutes to prepare this dish for six. This tasty dinner combines savory and sensation herbs with decadent and rich chicken drumsticks and breasts. This recipe is a treasure, so now you have to decide who you want to share it with. Happy cooking!
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken breasts (with skin)
- 125 grams pitted prunes
- 1 onions
- 2 orange (organic)
- 200 grams pinenuts
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 rosemary sprigs
- 1 thyme (sprig)
- 1 cup sweet white wine
- 1 cup curacao
- 1 bowl chicken broth
- 1In a cast iron skillet, melt 20 gr. butter, add the chopped onion and saute.
- 2Add the chicken pieces and brown at all sides.
- 3Preheat the oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
- 4Cut the oranges into slices (keep the skin).
- 5Add them to the pan around the chicken with the bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, and fennel.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Cook for about 2 minutes over medium heat.
- 8Remove from heat, cover and bake for about 40 minutes.
- 9Remove from the oven and add the wine and curacao.
- 10Toss the chicken to coat well with the sauce.
- 11Return to oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- 12Remove the chicken pieces and add the prunes, pine nuts and a chicken stock.
- 13Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- 14Put the chicken back and cook for another 4-5 minutes tossing so the sauce coats the chicken.
- 15Serve with white rice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories710Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.