Sweet and Sour ChickenAs receitas lá de casa
There's no need to order take out when you can easily and quickly prepare sweet and sour chicken at home, and it will have your kitchen smelling utterly amazing. After all, it's a lively mix of red bell pepper, canned pineapple, onion, tomato paste, cider vinegar, and brown sugar that's all cooked along with the diced chicken breast, with cornstarch being a thickening agent. Cooked rice is the must have accompaniment.
- 3 chicken breasts
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 red pepper
- 3 slices pineapple (canned)
- 1/2 onions
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 200 milliliters pineapple syrup (canned)
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- olive oil
- 1 tomatoes (medium ripe, peeled and cubed)
- 1Dice chicken breast and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- 2Dice pepper, pineapple and onion.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Whisk cornstarch and pineapple syrup until cornstarch is dissolved.
- 5Stir in the tomato paste, vinegar and sugar and mix well.
- 6Heat a little olive oil in a wok or a high-sided skillet.
- 7Sauté onion until translucent.
- 8Add chicken and cook until golden, stirring constantly with a spatula.
- 9Add tomato and cook briefly.
- 10Add pineapple and pepper and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- 11Drizzle with prepared sauce and stir.
- 12Bring to boil and cook until sauce thickens slightly, stirring constantly.
- 13Serve with white rice.