- 14 pounds boneless pork (cut into ½ inch cubes)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 5 ounces pineapple chunks (in juice)
- 3 quarts chicken stock (low sodium)
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup tomato paste (canned)
- 3 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 5 pounds stir fry vegetables (frozen)
- 2 cups cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups water (cold)
- Coat pork cubes with flour.
- Sauté in cooking oil for approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain pineapple, saving 1½ qt. juice.
- Add pineapple juice, stock, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, tomato paste and spices to the pork.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Steam vegetables for 3 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Add vegetables to the pork mixture.
- In a sauce pan, combine cornstarch and water.
- Stir until combined
- Add cornstarch mixture and pineapple chunks to the pork mixture.
- Gently stir and heat to 160ºF.
- Place mixture into serving pans.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Pour mixture in 2 inch shallow pans. Cover and place in refrigerator. Cool to 40ºF within 4 hours.
- Reheat product to 165ºF or higher for at least 1 minute. Hold at 140ºF or higher to serve.