- 4 boneless pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño jelly
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 11 1/2 ounces salsa (chunky style)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 avocado (small, peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- fresh cilantro
- In small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, garlic salt and pepper. Rub mixture on pork chops. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chops on each side, about 5-6 minutes total; add pepper jelly and lime juice to skillet; cook and stir until chops are glazed and until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove from skillet and keep warm for 3-5 minutes.
- Place salsa, tomato sauce and cocoa in skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until liquid is reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes. Place sauce on serving platter; top with chops. Place avocado slices and red onion slices between chops and garnish with fresh cilantro.