- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham (about 5 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup bourbon (Kentucky)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon (style mustard)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Place the ham in a large slow cooker. Whisk the cider with the brown sugar, bourbon, honey and mustard. Slowly pour over the ham. Scatter the thyme sprigs into the slow cooker.
- Cook, on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours, or until very tender. Remove ham to rest on a cutting board. Pass the remaining cooking liquid through a fine mesh sieve into a saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly reduced. Cut the ham into chunks or slices. Brush the cut pieces with the cooking liquid before arranging on a platter. Serve warm or room temperature.
G 9 Jan
Loved this ham. Picked up a boneless ham but at Costco and the sauce/syrup was absolutely divine. Will make this one again before winter ends. Thanks for sharing the Yum.
Lynda F. 25 Dec 2017
Just made this for CHRISTmas dinner! Yummy!
Jasmine 20 Dec 2016
so far so good. the pictures are a great. i havent tried anything else yet. still just browsing. next thing to try is the shopping list