- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham (about 5 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup bourbon (Kentucky)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon (style mustard)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Place the ham in a large slow cooker. Whisk the cider with the brown sugar, bourbon, honey and mustard. Slowly pour over the ham. Scatter the thyme sprigs into the slow cooker.
- Cook, on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours, or until very tender. Remove ham to rest on a cutting board. Pass the remaining cooking liquid through a fine mesh sieve into a saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly reduced. Cut the ham into chunks or slices. Brush the cut pieces with the cooking liquid before arranging on a platter. Serve warm or room temperature.
jane 29 days ago
not bad, the sauce was pretty good I'd give it 4 stars but i cooked it on low for 8hrs like the recipe said and i feel that dried it ot a bit too much. I will try it again but cook it less time
Hello 17 Dec 2018
This is a great recipe. However, the mistake that I made was buying a ham that was already cut. It wasn’t obvious on the label or even when removed from the package. The result was a largely overlooked ham that tasted great but mostly dry. The “spiral” cut hams should not be used in this recipe.
Shanethra 22 Nov 2018
This ham was a hit. This is my new go to recipe for the holidays!
rob e. 29 Oct 2018
Good flavor, moist and juicy. Everyone enjoyed it.
G 9 Jan 2018
Loved this ham. Picked up a boneless ham but at Costco and the sauce/syrup was absolutely divine. Will make this one again before winter ends. Thanks for sharing the Yum.
Lynda F. 25 Dec 2017
Just made this for CHRISTmas dinner! Yummy!