- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham (about 5 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup bourbon (Kentucky)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon (style mustard)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Place the ham in a large slow cooker. Whisk the cider with the brown sugar, bourbon, honey and mustard. Slowly pour over the ham. Scatter the thyme sprigs into the slow cooker.
- Cook, on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours, or until very tender. Remove ham to rest on a cutting board. Pass the remaining cooking liquid through a fine mesh sieve into a saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly reduced. Cut the ham into chunks or slices. Brush the cut pieces with the cooking liquid before arranging on a platter. Serve warm or room temperature.
rob e. 23 days ago
Good flavor, moist and juicy. Everyone enjoyed it.
G 9 Jan
Loved this ham. Picked up a boneless ham but at Costco and the sauce/syrup was absolutely divine. Will make this one again before winter ends. Thanks for sharing the Yum.
Lynda F. 25 Dec 2017
Just made this for CHRISTmas dinner! Yummy!