Add to Meal Planner
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham (about 5 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup bourbon (Kentucky)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon (style mustard)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
Did you make this?
Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Place the ham in a large slow cooker. Whisk the cider with the brown sugar, bourbon, honey and mustard. Slowly pour over the ham. Scatter the thyme sprigs into the slow cooker.
- Cook, on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours, or until very tender. Remove ham to rest on a cutting board. Pass the remaining cooking liquid through a fine mesh sieve into a saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly reduced. Cut the ham into chunks or slices. Brush the cut pieces with the cooking liquid before arranging on a platter. Serve warm or room temperature.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories90Calories from Fat┅
|% DAILY VALUE
|Calories from Fat┅
|% DAILY VALUE
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes
Noleen 2 months ago
Made is this evening for my family. Very easy recipe to follow, quite nice, just not to my tastes personally. The rest of the family enjoyed it though, and there were clean plates all around!
Steve Smith 2 months ago
Won't do that again. not good, better in oven for a few hours VS. all day
TH 3 years ago
Pretty good, a little dry but one if the better ham recipes I've cooked.
Carey Ann 3 years ago
This is pretty good. Easy & quick to throw in the slow cooker. After reading several reviews mentioning it was too dry, I cooked on low for 6.5 hours instead of 8, & it was cooked perfectly (& I had a big 8 lb ham). The sauce/gravy is very nice too.
Ehrlich 4 years ago
Second time making it! Beautiful done yum!
Gary Walker 4 years ago
Beautiful rich sauce and simple to prepare.
Tammy 4 years ago
I used a smaller ham (3 lbs). It was super easy to make and everyone loved it (even my daughter who says she hates ham!)
Melanie Myers 4 years ago
turned out great - we used fireball whiskey and it was delicious!
Travis Bernard 4 years ago
Great. there was none left
Lilian Merrill 4 years ago
really delicious and easy. ham is my favorite dinner meat. the bourbon (i used jim bean) works perfectly with it
Alex 4 years ago
This recipe sounds wonderful. I can't drink alcohol however. Can someone recommend a substitute?
Kluck 4 years ago
Any Jim Bean burbon I've used has gone perfectly with this. As well as Four Roses. I didnt have a slow cooker big enough fit the ham I got. And I didnt have a roaster. So I used a oven roster pan and set the oven at 360°, covered the dish in tinfoil and cooked for 4 hours roughly. The hour before it finished I collected the mixture/juice and poured it over the ham and finished cooking it. Turned out very good.
Kathy Brown 5 years ago
it was wonderful and flavorful
Panda 5 years ago
So tender and tasty! Very easy to make and customize.
Edwin Lyons 5 years ago
A total hit with the whole family.
jane 5 years ago
not bad, the sauce was pretty good I'd give it 4 stars but i cooked it on low for 8hrs like the recipe said and i feel that dried it ot a bit too much. I will try it again but cook it less time
Hello 5 years ago
This is a great recipe. However, the mistake that I made was buying a ham that was already cut. It wasn’t obvious on the label or even when removed from the package. The result was a largely overlooked ham that tasted great but mostly dry. The “spiral” cut hams should not be used in this recipe.
Durham 5 years ago
This ham was a hit. This is my new go to recipe for the holidays!
rob e. 5 years ago
Good flavor, moist and juicy. Everyone enjoyed it.