- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham (about 5 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup bourbon (Kentucky)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon (style mustard)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Place the ham in a large slow cooker. Whisk the cider with the brown sugar, bourbon, honey and mustard. Slowly pour over the ham. Scatter the thyme sprigs into the slow cooker.
- Cook, on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours, or until very tender. Remove ham to rest on a cutting board. Pass the remaining cooking liquid through a fine mesh sieve into a saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly reduced. Cut the ham into chunks or slices. Brush the cut pieces with the cooking liquid before arranging on a platter. Serve warm or room temperature.