Chocolate chips dot this yeasted sweet roll dough, which features olive oil to keep it moist. Leave enough time to let them rise, and brush them with egg whites before transferring the rolls to the oven to bake for 25 minutes. Best enjoyed warm, they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. Reheat them in the microwave or a low oven before serving.
- 500 grams strong flour
- 220 grams milk
- 80 grams sugar
- 60 grams extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 25 grams yeast (brewer’s)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 150 grams chocolate chips (small)
- Prepare a yeast starter with approximately 80 grams of milk, the yeast, a teaspoon of sugar and a teaspoon of flour.
- Mix into a batter and let it rest for approximately 35 to 40 minutes until the starter begins to swell and bubble lightly.
- Place all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in the mixer bowl and knead well.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chips, which were previously kept in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Shape the dough into small rolls (weighing approximately 80 to 90 grams each) and place them on wax paper, cover them with a kitchen towel and let the rolls rise until they have doubled in size, approximately 1 hour.
- It is possible to use the leftover egg whites to brush the surface.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees Celsius for approximately 25 minutes.
|Calories930Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.