Baked sweet potato chips partner perfectly with this kale salad for an easy, healthy lunch option. Tossed together with pomegranate seeds and feta cheese in a tahini dressing, this kale salad make a great wintertime salad and gluten free meal.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- coconut oil (for cooking, or canola oil or peanut oil)
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 lemon juice
- chili (cayenne, to taste)
- 1 bunch kale
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sweet Potato Preparation:
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into thin slices using a mandolin.
- Mix the sweet potato slices in coconut oil, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with curry and pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Salad Preparation:
- Remove seeds from pomegranate.
- Prepare the salad dressing: In a small bowl, mix tahini, olive oil, rice vinegar, lemon juice, and cayenne chili together. If the mixture is not liquid enough, adjust the seasoning.
- Cut the kale leaves, taking care to remove the stem. Mix manually with half of the dressing in order to soften the kale. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- To serve, place potatoes and kale salad on plate. Sprinkle feta cheese, pomegranate seeds, and remaining dressing on salad.