- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil (extra-, divided)
- 11 ounces sausage (fully cooked smoked Portuguese linguica, or chorizo sausage, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices, Spanish chorizo can be substituted)
- 2 onions (medium, chopped)
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (red-skinned, yams; about 2 large, peeled, quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices)
- 1 pound potatoes (white-skinned, peeled, halved lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices)
- 6 cups chicken broth (low-salt)
- 9 ounces fresh spinach
|Calories350Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Manali 22 Apr 2018
Very nice and tasty soup 🥣
Ogado 3 Dec 2017
J’ai remplacé la moitié du bouillon de poulet par du lait de coco et les épinards par du yu choï. La recette mérite d’être réalisée dans une cocotte en fonte émaillée.
Kevin O. 25 Apr 2017
Great tasting soup, I'm making it for the second time tonight. No modifications needed, just fine the way it is. The directions were a little confusing, but other than that, no issues
Jennifer J. 28 Jan 2017
Really enjoyed this soup. I did not use the sausage they suggested because I had a pack of Chicken & apple sausage. It really worked well with the sweet potato. I will be making this one again.
Sam C. 5 Jan 2017
Didn't really like the flavours at all.. each to their own I guess. The stock reduced so much that it was more of a mush so I needed to add more water to make it into a soup again
Colleen Michael 1 Jan 2017
Made this with Andouille sausage and it was great! The spices in the sausage flavor the entire soup, didn't need anything else. Wonderful flavors and easy to make, give it a try.
Jen S. 12 Jun 2016
A delicious & hearty soup with so few ingredients. I use Portuguese sausage & sweet onions for a Hawaiian twist. So ono!
Devin B. 7 Feb 2016
I chose a mild linguica sausage, and added 1/2 a jalapeno, 1 tsp of cumin, 2 tsp of ground coriander...yummm.
Tiffany Bellah 25 Jan 2016
This was really easy and tasty. I used maple flavored sausage which went well with the sweet potato flavor. I mashed the potatoes to much, I think I would have liked larger chunks left.