Sweet Potato and Maple CakeAnanás e Hortelã
You are no doubt familiar with sweet potato pie and sweet potato biscuits, but how about sweet potato cake? Why not, when you think about how delicious pumpkin cake can be. Sweet potatoes are sweet not just in name, after all, and they pair perfectly with the maple syrup in this recipe. Plus, the potatoes (like pumpkin puree) is a natural at making cakes much more moist, without needing to add a lot of oil.
- 200 grams potato puree (sweet)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 50 milliliters olive oil
- 300 grams wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1For the sweet potatoes puree, cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- 2Drain and let cool slightly.
- 3Cut into cubes.
- 4Mash with a fork or puree with immersion blender.
- 5Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F and grease a loaf pan.
- 6Set aside. In a bowl, place eggs, maple syrup, water, and olive oil and beat very well until smooth.
- 7Add cold puree and stir well. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and cinnamon.
- 8Add to the wet mixture, blending smoothly without beating too much.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour.