- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter (cold, chopped)
- 4 large eggs (plus 1 egg extra, lightly beaten, to brush)
- 5 ounces sweet potato (cold mashed)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar (plus extra, to sprinkle)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- powdered sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- Process flour, cinnamon, powdered sugar and butter to make fine crumbs. Add 1 egg and process until mixture comes together in a ball and shape pastry into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out three-quarters of dough onto lightly floured surface. Fit dough into an 8 inch fluted tart pan with removable base and trim edges. Chill in freezer for 20 mins. Line dough shell with baking paper and cover base with dried beans or pie weights. Bake for 10 mins. Remove weights and paper and bake for 5 mins more or until just colored.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Process sweet potato, cream, remaining 3 eggs, sugar, maple syrup and allspice until smooth. Pour filling into pastry shell. Bake for 15 mins.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Bake for 30 mins more or until just set at center. Remove from oven. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Roll out remaining dough on a floured surface until 1/4 inch thick. Use a leaf-shaped pastry cutter to cut leaves from pastry. Place on prepared tray. Brush leaves with extra egg and sprinkle with extra sugar. Bake for 8-10 mins or until golden brown. Decorate pie with leaves. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve with ice cream.
PER SERVING *
|Calories420Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.