- 6 sweet potato cores (reserved from previous sheet cutting)
- 6 yukon gold potato (red skin, cores, reserved from sheet cutting)
- 6 beet cores (reserved from sheet cutting)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (chopped)
- 3 cups baby kale
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Coarsely chop potatoes, beets and onion.
- Toss chopped vegetables in large bowl with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread onto baking sheet in an uneven layer.
- Bake 20 minutes, toss and bake another 10-15 minutes until beginning to crisp.
- Remove from oven and toss hash with thyme and baby kale.
- Return to oven for 2-3 minutes, until kale begins to wilt.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Chef's Tip: Top with a fried or poached egg, if desired.