If you want a savory and sweet soup that will tantalize the taste buds, then try this Sweet Potato Soup with Honey, Lime, and Ginger. It takes 70 minutes to prepare four servings, so make sure you have time. This rich and hearty soup recipe combines sweet potatoes with honey, lime, and cream cheese for a taste that will tickle the taste buds. Everyone will love this dish. Happy cooking!
- 150 grams sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 1 tablespoon salted butter (melted salt)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 piece ginger (1 cm, chopped)
- 1 liter milk
- 1 lime
- puff pastry
- philadelphia cream cheese (or hummus)
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a baking dish, combine sweet potatoes, butter, and honey.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil, add onions and ginger, and cook for 8 to10 minutes on low heat. Add sweet potatoes and milk. Bring to boil over medium heat, then reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, until potatoes are very tender.
- Mix the soup in a blender, gradually add cooking liquid to desired texture.
- Mix as long as necessary to obtain a smooth soup without chunks.
- Add lime juice before serving .
- For the twists, spread out puff pastry, cut out a 30 x 20 centimeter rectangle.
- Spread Philadelphia cream cheese or hummus on dough. Fold dough in half.
- Cut strips of dough about 1.5 cm wide. Twist strips.
- Place dough strips on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake for about 15 minutes at 180 C until well browned.
PER SERVING *
|Calories350Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.