Sweet Potato Risotto with MushroomsReceitas Da Felicidade!
Sweet potato and mushrooms are an unexpectedly delicious pairing for risotto, but these two ingredients work well together. Thee sweet potatoes, which are boiled and then pureed, lend the dish a lovely hue when stirred in at the end, along with the sauteed mushrooms, parmesan cheese, and butter (that last addition is the secret to risotto's richness, while near constant stirring and careful attention is the key to its desirable consistency, and there's just no getting around it).
- 1 sweet potatoes (medium)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onions (cut into cubes)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 200 grams brown mushroom
- 1 cup risotto
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 liter chicken stock
- grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 2In a baking dish, place the sweet potato pieces, drizzled with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 3Bake for 30 minutes.
- 4Remove and mash until pureed and smooth. Set aside. Boil the vegetable boullion in a liter of water. Set aside.
- 5In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter. Add the chopped onion. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- 6Increase the heat and add the mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms shrink a bit. Add the rice and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring 2-3 times until the rice is translucent and almost golden.
- 7Reduce the heat and add the wine.
- 8Stir until wine is completely absorbed.
- 9Add a bit of hot vegetable broth and stir until completely absorbed.
- 10Repeat the process until all the broth is absorbed and the rice is cooked (about 20-25 minutes maximum).
- 11Once the rice is cooked, reduce the heat and mix in the sweet potato puree. Stir well until fully absorbed.
- 12Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese and a bit of butter. Stir gently and remove from the heat.
- 13Serve immediately, adding a little more cheese and minced chives.