Great meat free entree with lots of complex flavors!
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked, rinsed)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 sweet potato (large)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Spice Islands Chili Powder
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup panko Japanese breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Mazola Corn Oil
- 15 ounces no-salt-added black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 11 ounces whole kernel corn, drained (no salt added)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (fresh, seeded and minced)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves (fresh, chopped)
- 1 fresh lime (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands Whole Cumin Seed
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- Combine quinoa, 2 cups water and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes; drain well.
- Pierce sweet potato several times with a fork. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Let cool slightly. Cut sweet potato in half and scoop pulp into a large bowl. Add cooked quinoa; stir in yogurt, chili powder and egg. Shape mixture into 12 patties. Place on a baking sheet; cover and chill 10 minutes.
- Combine all salsa ingredients, tossing well. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Dredge chilled patties in panko, pressing to flatten (discard any remaining panko). Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet. Work in two batches to add 6 patties to skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from pan and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and patties. Top each patty with salsa and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories80Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sheri C. 16 Mar 2016
This turned out so amazing! I also added a can of diced tomatoes to the black bean salsa. Will repeat again and again!