Gnocchi is a traditional, hearty ingredient that packs a lot of comfort. This Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Tomato and Basil is sweet, savory and hearty. It takes 50 minutes to prepare this dish that will have the whole family begging for seconds. Ingre…
ients include sweet potatoes, olive oil, onions, garlic cloves, tomatoes, salt, fresh basil, egg yolks, egg whites, grated parmesan cheese, flour, ground black pepper, and nutmeg.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- olive oil (as needed)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- tomato (pulp)
- fresh basil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg white
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ground black pepper
- Cook the unpeeled sweet potatoes in boiling water. Remove from heat, peel, and mash with a fork. Let cool.
- Heat a saucepan with olive oil, and saute onion and minced garlic, until onion is translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, a few basil leaves, and salt, and let cook slowly, until tasty. Set aside.
- Add to the sweet potato the yolks and egg whites, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, pepper, and nutmeg, and gradually the flour until it is pliable (the less flour, the better).
- Bring to a boil a pot of water.
- Use a knife to cut, and the shape rolls with the dough. Once the water boils, add the gnocchi, and when they float, remove from water, and mix with the tomato sauce.
- Serve plain, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese or as a side dish.
|Calories250Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.