Sweet Potato GnocchiKitchenAid
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (unpeeled, about 4 medium sized)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 50 grams eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (divided)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Balsamico Bianco
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and brush all surfaces with olive oil. Season fleshy sides with salt and place, flesh-side down, on prepared pan. Bake 45 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- 3Remove flesh from potato skins using spoon and add to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Mini Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Flat Paddle to mixer. Turn to Speed 1 and stir 30 seconds. Turn to Speed 4 and mix 1 minute. Scrape side and bottom of bowl. Add potato starch. Turn to Speed 6 and mix 1 minute or until smooth.
- 4Spread potato mixture onto baking sheet to ½-inch thickness. Bake 5 minutes.
- 5Cool potato mixture 5 minutes before returning to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Mini Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Flat Paddle to mixer. Turn to Speed 1 and stir 30 seconds. Continuing on Speed 1, add nutmeg and egg; mix 30 seconds.Add flour in ¼ -cup increments until smooth dough forms. (You may not need all the flour.)
- 6Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Turn dough onto clean, floured work surface and divide into 6 equal pieces. Form each piece into long ropes about ¾ inch in diameter. Cut ropes into 1-inch pieces. Gently roll pieces along the back of a fork to shape gnocchi. Add gnocchi to boiling water. Cook 4-5 minutes or until gnocchi float; drain well.
- 7Heat butter in large non-stick pan over medium-high heat until just starting to brown. Add cooked gnocchi and sauté until very lightly golden. Add Parmesan; toss gently. Sauté until cheese begins to brown. Transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle with herbs.
- 8Add vinegar to pan, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Bring to a boil. Drizzle over gnocchi.