- 3 sweet potatoes (medium, cut in half)
- 3 inches lemongrass (coarsely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 cups water
- 15 ounces chickpeas (drained)
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 13 ounces coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup carrots (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 cups jasmine rice (cooked)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes (cut into wedges)
- Attach Spiralizer Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Center one sweet potato half on fruit and vegetable skewer; attach to Spiralizer. Attach peeling blade and spiral slice small core blade and position at end of sweet potato. Turn stand mixer to speed 4 and process until blade reaches end of sweet potato. Repeat with remaining sweet potatoes. Set aside.
- Combine lemongrass, ginger, garlic and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in large saucepan. Add lemongrass mixture; sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in water, chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk, onion, carrots, curry paste, tomato paste, salt and coriander Add sweet potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and sauce is thickened.
- Divide rice among 8 serving bowls; top with curry, basil and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
PER SERVING *
|Calories600Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.