Sweet Potato CasserolePork
This isn't the sticky-sweet of marshmallow-topped sweet potatoes from most childhood memories of sweet potatoes. You can even add a couple tablespoons of orange juice to give a slight citrus flavor.
- 56 ounces sweet potatoes (drained and mashed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs (crushed)
- 1In large bowl, mix together well the potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Place mixture in a 13x9-inch greased baking dish. In medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, melted butter, pecans and crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the top of the potatoes and bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
- 2Serve hot.