Sweet Potato Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Vanilla Bean FrostingKITCHENAID
Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Heat oven ta 325°F and line bottom of two 9" cake pans with parchment and spray with non-stick spray.
- KitchenAid® 7 Cup Food Processor with shredding blade, secure lid, turn on high and put sweet potatoes and carrots into feed tube one at a time and use food pusher to shred. When complete press high and unit will turn off, set aside.
- ln the bowl of a KitchenAid® Stand Mixer with flat beater secured, add eggs, oil, vanilla and buttermilk and turn to speed 3, mix until incorporated, then add sweet potatoes and carrots and mix together. ln another bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cinnamon, clove, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, salt and allspice. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix by hand with spatula until all ingredients are incorporated. Transfer batter to pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is firm.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack. To prepare frosting, add to KitchenAid® Stand Mixerw ith the wire whip attached butter, cream cheese, sour cream and vanilla place mixer on 6 whip until smooth, slowly add powdered sugar until frosting is smooth. Fill layer with frosting and frost sides and top. Top with chopped walnuts if desired.
|Calories1070Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.