- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal (ground, +3 tablespoons water, or 1 egg)
- 1 cup sweet potato (cooked mashed, from 1 large or 2 smaller sweet potatoes)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 15 ounces black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (loosely packed fresh)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- oil (I like avocado oil for this)
PER SERVING *
|Calories150Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Grammy 15 May
This is so good. I’m trying ways to avoid meat. Wow, I think I’ll have another.
Cameron 13 Feb
OMG I LOVED THESE. I’ll probably try half quinoa and half brown rice next time. I’m not a huge fan of sweet potato fries and this burger is everything. I did add nutmeg and a little ginger to the seasoning. The beans give the mixture a smoky taste that balances the sweet potato. This will probably be a once a month meal prep item for me (that’s assuming I can control myself).
dylan mctigue 3 Feb
I think I used too much quinoa and they seemed too mushy, it was like sloppy joes really. Tasted great though. I par baked the second batch so they should be better next time around
Thea Sywulych 26 Sep 2017
Sooooo delicious! Even my meat eater husband thought they were amazing.
Stephanie D. 18 Sep 2017
Such a yummy and easy recipe! Will definitely make them again
Corlea Heunis 7 Aug 2017
First time making these and they turned out great! I also added a bit more spice. Will definitely make these again
Nathalie 12 Jul 2017
I liked it a lot but added a lot more spices because initially the mixture was a bit bland Delicious will make it again
Violet F. 7 Jun 2016
The patties were a wee bit too soft and crumbly, but overall the burgers were easy to make and delicious!