Flip the switch on mama's soup! This recipe is for Sweet Potato Apple and Ginger Soup. This delicious and flavorful recipe only contains ingredients. It's not only delicious but good for you! Don't believe us? Try this Sweet Potato Apple and Ginger Soup recipe for yourself. Let us know your thoughts about this recipe in our comments below. Or give this recipe a star rating! It's great to share your thoughts with others! Happy Cooking! We know you will love it.
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger (peeled, cut into small pieces)
- 450 grams sweet potatoes (peeled, cut into pieces)
- 2 apples
- chicken stock (1 lt.)
- fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- crème fraîche (or greek yogurt)
- 15 grams butter
- In a skillet, saute the onion with the olive oil for 5 minutes, add ginger (2 teaspoons) and sweet potato, cook and stir for 6/8 minutes .
- Add 1 apple cut into pieces . Cook for 2/3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, a small bunch of cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook - covered - for 15/20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Mix in the blender, gradually adding the broth to reach the desired consistency.
- Check the seasoning.
- Return to the stove, cook over low heat, the soup should not boil.
- In a skillet, melt 15g of butter and sauté the 2nd apple cut into pieces and 2 teaspoons of ginger, sprinkle with sugar and cook for 3/4 minutes until caramelized.
- To serve, pour the soup into bowls, in the center top with caramelized apples and ginger, a few drops of sour cream and cilantro leaves .
PER SERVING *
|Calories340Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.