Sweet Milk TamalesLa Cocina Mexicana de Pily
Make your own sweet tamales for a dessert to finish off a night of Mexican food with this recipe for Sweet Milk Tamales. Made with a combination of sweet corn, milk, cinnamon, and sugar, this sweet tamale recipe is simple and straightforward. These tamales do not require any steaming but are rather refrigerated in the corn husks until set. Be sure to boil the corn husks before using them to wrap the sweet tamale mixture.
- 5 corn (tender ears)
- 1 liter milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- corn husks
- 1With a knife, cut the ears of corn to obtain the kernels.
- 2In a blender, add the corn kernels and some milk.
- 3Strain the mixture and place in a saucepan.
- 4Add the sugar, cinnamon stick, and the rest of the milk.
- 5Heat while stirring continuously. Bring to a boil and continue to cook for 20 to 30 minutes while stirring with a wooden spoon.
- 6Remove from the stove and stir occasionally.
- 7Let the mixture cool.
- 8Meanwhile, boil the corn husks in water. Dry off with a towel.
- 9Once the mixture is cool, use a spoon to place mixture in each corn husk. Close and refrigerate until the tamales solidify.