Packaged pudding mix is a great time saver for busy home cooks who still want to prepare a delicious dessert for family or friends. Here, caramel flavored pudding is layered in serving dishes with store-bought chocolate cookies (another approved shortcut) that have been softened by dipping in warm milk and then a final layer of whipped cream. The desserts can be chilled for a few hours before garnishing as desired and serving.
- 2 caramel pudding (packs)
- caramel (liquid, to taste)
- 1 liter milk (for pudding)
- 8 tablespoons sugar (for pudding)
- 1 1/2 packages chocolate biscuits (Maria)
- 1 package cream (well chilled, otherwise)
- Make the puddings according to instructions.
- Drizzle serving bowls with liquid caramel, and pour in the pudding mix.
- On top of the pudding, put the chocolate wafers dipped quickly in warm milk.
- Whip the cream until solid and spread on top.
- Garnish to taste.
- Refrigerate. Serve cold.