Sweet Citrus BreadAs receitas lá de casa
- 550 grams flour
- 145 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 grams water
- 50 grams olive oil
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 orange zest (and juice)
- 20 grams bakers yeast (fresh)
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 1 eggs (for brushing)
- sugar (for sprinkling)
- 1In the Bimby cup place the olive oil, orange juice and water. Set to 3 minutes/98°F/speed 2.
- 2Crumble the yeast into the cup and add the sugar and eggs. Set to 30 seconds/speed 4.
- 3Add the flour, citrus zest and a pinch of salt. Set to 4 minutes/Vel. spike.
- 4If the dough is too sticky and does not peel off the sides of the cup, add a little more flour as the dough is mixed.
- 5Remove the dough from the cup and place in a bowl. Cover with a cloth and let rest in a warm place until doubled in size.
- 6Grease hands lightly with olive oil and form the dough into 2 balls. Make shallow cuts in the dough with a sharp knife. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 7Brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- 8Bake at 122°F for about 30 minutes, then increase oven temperature to 356°C. Continue baking for 25-30 minutes.
- 9Remove from the oven when golden brown. Allow to cool a bit before serving.