It's great fun to make sweet versions of savory favorites, like these incredibly delicious dessert empanadas. The easy filling is made by melting milk chocolate and mixing it with heavy cream; let it cool a bit before spooning over the pastry shells. A fork makes easy work of sealing the edges of the dough and creating the trademark impressions. Here, the pastries are also sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar before baking, for extra crunch and flavor.
- 115 grams baking chocolate
- 75 milliliters cream
- 16 pastry shells
- 1 egg
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the chocolate in a pan or in the microwave.
- Add the cream to soften the chocolate. Mix well.
- Fill the pastry shell with the melted chocolate.
- Close the empanada using the egg and a fork to seal the edges.
- Brush egg on the empanadas, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Place on a parchment paper-lines baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.